About The Beach Express!
The Beach Express is an alternative to Highway 59 that saves travelers time and money. Instead of sitting in congested traffic and waiting for over 25 stop lights, you can zoom to the beach, fantastic restaurants, unique shops, and great entertainment.
And even better… your fares help the local community.
From Neal Belitsky, BEX President:
“We take great pride in running the Beach Express Bridge and feel it is the front door to the Orange Beach community, a responsibility we do not take lightly.
Your fares help the local community. Not only do we provide the first impression for many new visitors, but the Beach Express supports numerous civic and charitable organizations too.
For example, we contributed $548,000 to the extension of the Beach Express to I-10. And, we set aside $2.2 million to construct the Southern Hurricane Evacuation Route from Canal Road to the beach. We also maintain a $16 million fund to construct a second bridge span when traffic warrants the need.
BEX and American Roads support the community in smaller ways too.
We hold company events in the city, provide no-cost event promotion on our digital billboard on AL 59 for charitable and civic organizations and help out groups such as:
- AC Celebrity Golf Tournament
- Alabama Advantage Exposition
- American Cancer Society
- C Bennett Celebrity Golf Tournament
- City of Orange Beach Parks and Recreation
- City of Orange Beach Hurricane Evacuation Committee
- Convention and Visitors Bureau
- CVB Sports Commission
- Donation of Used Computer Equipment
- Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce
- Lighthouse for Abused
- Motorcycle Poker Run
- Multiple Sclerosis MS 150
- Municipal vehicles/Funerals - No toll charge
- Mystic Order of Miriam's
- Orange Beach Adult Activity Center
- Orange Beach Police Department
- Red Snapper Tournament
- Snow Bird Clubs of Baldwin County
- South Baldwin County United Way
- St. Jude Children's Hospital
- Student Life
- Teddy Bear Cruise
- The Wharf
- Thunder on the Gulf
- And more!
We feel strongly that the bridge continues to provide value. Your toll fee helps you save time on the road, stop wasting money on fuel while being stuck in traffic, contribute to your community, and bring in travelers to bolster the local economy. More importantly, it helps the U.S. be less dependent on foreign oil at a time when that’s important to our environment and critical to our future.”
And for additional information about BEX, questions and suggestions, job opportunities, and more, please contact:
22867 Brown Lane
Orange Beach, AL 36561
Telephone: (877) 968-3420